Technology comes in many forms and we tap into all of them to assist our students. Low tech devices, high tech and everything in between can be found in some form in our building.
- SMART Boards or BenQ boards are in every classroom to add an interactive and visual component to lessons
- Touch screens and numerous computers outfit classrooms and therapy spaces
- Software is used in a variety of ways, such as with basic learning, to increase access to the curriculum, to learn cause and effect, as well as for picture communication and activities through use of Boardmaker Online
- Voice Output Devices (VODs) are used in all environments for lesson enhancement or as a Speech Generating Device (SGD) dedicated to one student
- Switches provide access to adapted traditional toys, appliances and equipment by enabling each student to play, work and be as independent as possible
- iPads are used in classrooms and therapy sessions with apps appropriate to the student’s developmental, academic, and functional skill levels.