Elementary & Middle School
The elementary and middle school Social Worker provides a collaboration of services with the classroom and the home.
- Social Skills Groups: Using a variety of fun, interactive and creative activities and games, students will work to improve their ability to socially interactions with their friends, teachers and the community. We focus on learning to be independent students and learning how to successfully socialize, problem solve and self-advocate.
- Individual supportive counseling: Individual supportive counseling is available to students who may need and can benefit from direct instruction and counseling. We help students navigate the school day and to learn effective coping strategies for difficult situations at home, school or in the community.
- Family support and consultation: We work collaboratively with the family to combine home and school efforts. Parents are encouraged to come in and help brainstorm behavioral strategies to be used in the home and at school to reach towards success in all areas.
- Collaboration with service providers: The Social Worker will be the link between home, school and the other agencies and providers working to support your child.
- Behavioral support and consultation: The Social Worker meets weekly with the classroom teachers and School Psychologist to develop strategies and plans to help your child grow socially and improve behaviorally.