Welcome Parents! While our students are home and engaged in distance learning the BCBA team would like to provide as much behavioral and social support as we can. We understand that this is a difficult time for students who are used to school routines, so we are including resources on our website (https://sites.google.com/view/gengrasaba/home) that we believe could be helpful to you and your student. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or concerns.
- Week of 6/1/20:
- Natural Environment Teaching: What it is and how to try it at home!
- Sesame Street Words of the Week: Respect and Courteous
- Kid Friendly Mindfulness: Yoga Adventures!
- A9/A11/C210 social skills videos on imaginative play:
- Pre-group activity for C-214 social skills group
- Social Skills Activities
- Week of 5/25/20:
- Week of 5/18/20:
- Week of 5/11/20:
- Week of 4/27/20:
- Fun for All
- Tell Me About What You Watched
- Sesame Street Sings About Emotions – new songs about dealing with strong emotions and big feelings
- An Introduction to Token Economies
- DIY sensory-friendly mask Graduated exposure programs for helping students tolerate wearing a mask
- Sweeping, washing bowl, washing plate, washing glass
- Week of 4/20/20:
- Week of 4/13/20:
- Week of 4/6/20:
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
We have an extensive team to focus on individual behavioral concerns as the need arises. Our teachers, social workers, school psychologist, behavioral interventionist and administrators work together to help every student have as many opportunities as possible now and in the future.
If a behavior is going to limit a student’s ability to access certain settings, we create plans to address the concerns and widen the students’ options. When unsafe or disruptive behaviors are present, we follow a highly systematic approach to collecting and analyzing data to determine the function. Behavioral Intervention Plans are created to address the behaviors along with functional communication and social skills training. To round out our comprehensive team approach, we work closely with an outside behavioral consultant.