Parent WorkshopsReading Time: 1 minute
We believe that learning and growing must encompass not just the whole child, but the childâ€™s whole life â€” and that includes parents and families. We try to engage parents with our Parent Education Workshops, held several times a year during evening hours. We discuss many topics important for the effective care, nurturing and development of children with disabilities.
Some of our past topics include:
- iPads: apps and communication
- functional communication skills
- daily life skills
- technology and adaptive equipment
- behavioral support
- resources in the community
- transition planning and
- sensory needs of children.