A-6: Mrs. Roberts-McGee
Letter from Mrs. Ford
Mrs. Roberts-McGee’s site: https://sites.google.com/view/gengrascenter-esy2020/home
And also the high school/transition site for extra materials and fun activities: https://sites.google.com/view/gengrascenter-esy2020/home
- Week of 7/27/20: Happy Last Week of Summer School A6 Families! Thank you all for your hard work this summer! You have all made distance learning manageable and fun! I’m looking forward to seeing everyone back in a few weeks! Enjoy the rest of your summer and reach out with any questions or concerns! As always, all materials can be found on our class website: https://sites.google.com/view/a6roberts-mcgee/home
- Week of 7/20/20:
- Week of 7/13/20:
- Week of 7/6/20:
- Week of 6/29/20: Good Morning! Happy week one of summer school! Our class website has been updated with a new look for summer! All materials can be found here! I have also been collaborating with the high school unit and transition unit teachers to make a website for summer. The link is here: https://sites.google.com/view/gengrascenter-esy2020/homeOn it you will find other supplemental activities to the ones already provided such as arts and crafts, sensory and watching butterflies grow. Have a great week! – Mrs. Roberts-McGee
- Week of 6/8/20:Dear Families,Thank you for all of your hard work and perseverance during this period of distance learning! All materials can be found on our class website for this week: https://sites.google.com/view/a6roberts-mcgee/home. We have a little over a week to go before you earn some well deserved time off! Also, please keep an eye out for a webex invitation for a graduation and end of year “party” for NEXT WEDNESDAY JUNE 17TH AT 12 NOON. Please reach out with any questions!! Have a fantastic week! – Mrs. Roberts-McGee
- Week of 6/1/20:
- Copy of Graduation Social Story & Follow up
- focus words for week 6-1-2020
- Friday we will not have our regular lunch bunch as I will be in the roving graduation caravan. I will be sending the timeline out so you all may join on Facebook Live on the Gengras Center Page, and will email out the recordings of Vennisha, Veronica and Richie for those who do not use Facebook.
- Week of 5/25/20: Hello A6 families! Please see the link in your emails to your child’s individualized plan for the week as well as the class website. Please let me know if you have any questions or need to reschedule your child’s individual web chat time this week. Have a great week and stay tuned for graduation announcements for next week!
- Week of 5/18/20: Hello A6 families! The class website is acting up, so I am working on trying to upload all functional academic work still. It can be found here on my Gengras page and I attached them to your child’s lesson plan for the week as well. All virtual field trips, leisure activities and what’s new with A6 are accessible via the A6 class page though. Please reach out with any questions! And a quick reminder there is no class lunch chat this Friday! Have a great week!
- Week of 5/11/20: Happy week of May 11th! I hope everyone had a great Mother’s Day! This week I changed up the layout of Morning Meeting to “freshen it up”, enjoy! As always please reach out with questions or concerns! Have a great week! – Jess/Mrs. Roberts-McGee
- Week of 5/4/20: Starting this week I will be just sending individualized plans contained within the grids like the general ones, so they will look familiar to you all. On the class website I updated the Life Skills and Cooking page to have multiple options to choose from rather than a specific assigned activity each week. This gives you flexibility to pick and choose, but also focus on what your child’s goals and objectives are.
- Week of 4/27/20:
- Week of 4/20/20:
- Week of 4/13/20:
- Week of 4/6/20:
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
A-6 is a transition classroom that primarily focuses on the development of the life skills needed when students graduate. Our class participates in various community outings which include shopping for classroom and personal items such as hygiene necessities, leisure, exercise and seasonal activities. Each month the students of A-6 will choose a different community service initiative to participate in or provide needed items for. The community service project helps students learn how they can assist others and be an active part of their community. This year we are focusing on functional communication in order to promote self-advocacy as well as address social/behavioral needs. The students within this class benefit from structured small group instruction in which they can use technology to practice real life skills prior to implementing them in the community. Students also participate in the Gengras Center vocational program and work at assigned jobs on campus such as a campus recycling team, cleaning in the College Cafe, cleaning the Gengras Center kitchen after lunch and helping maintain cleaning in the O’Connell Center on campus in preparation and anticipation of being part of a work team in an adult agency.