The Gengras Center currently does not accept self referrals or parental referrals. The referral process is through local education agency (LEA) initiation. Our enrollment procedure is as follows:
- Parent and LEA, usually through the PPT process, agree the student requires an out of district placement.
- LEA forwards formal referral packet to the Gengras Center. Packet should include the following:
- Recent IEP and PPT minutes (2-3 years)
- Most recent psychological/speech/language, OT/PT evaluations, or Educational evaluations
- Social development history (if available, or completed prior to admission)
- Progress reports (at least one year)
- Health file/medical records, including current medications, hospitalizations, and nursing care plans
- Any other pertinent information (i.e. psychiatric evaluation, Behavior Intervention Plans, etc.)
- The Gengras Center intake team reviews referral and deems whether placement may be appropriate.
- If so, an intake visit is set up where parent/guardian can tour the program and the staff can observe student in a classroom setting.
- After visit, the Gengras intake team, LEA, and parent/guardian will determine if placement at Gengras is an appropriate program for the student.