We believe that learning and growing must encompass not just the whole child, but the child’s whole life and that includes parents and families. We try to engage parents with our Parent Education Workshops, held several times a year during evening hours. We discuss many topics important for the effective care, nurturing and development of children with disabilities.
Some of our past topics include:
- iPads: apps and communication
- functional communication skills
- daily life skills
- technology and adaptive equipment
- behavioral support
- resources in the community
- transition planning and
- sensory needs of children.